Monday, August 30, 2010

Red Pepper

14 Bourke Street, Melbourne, 3000

Red Pepper is at the top end of Bourke Street near Spring Street and Parliament. It was busy on a Friday lunch time visit with a largish group. We were seated upstairs and a waitress took our order, however most orders were being taken at a desk downstairs.


We waited a while for our orders, and when they arrived they were placed on the table at the closest point for us to distribute.

I had the Palak Tikka Masala with rice and naan.



The dish was tasty and well spiced, and most of the naan bread was fresh.

I also tried a bit of butter chicken, which was much spicier than I expected.

My meal was $10.

Update (8/9/10) - I went back and had the veggie thali special:
A good variety and all tasty!



Red Pepper on Urbanspoon



View Larger Map

2 comments:

  1. A few people I know have recommended this for really good, cheap, authentic Indian food. I have so many places I want to try in town!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it's definitely worth trying, great flavours and decent portions, even if the service is a little chaotic!

    ReplyDelete