Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Funky Curry

164 Bourke St
Melbourne, 3000

I met a mate for lunch in the city and it was time try another Indian cafe, Funky Curry which is bright and indeed a little funky inside.You order at the counter, with all the curry's on display, so you can see what you will be eating before you order!


I had the Funky Curry special chicken curry with black eyed beans, rice and naan, both the curries carried warnings about heat, but I thought my British curry trained taste buds would be fine, but of these were pretty hot, I certainly need a few sips of water with the meal! The chicken was nicely cooked and the naan was good with out being too greasy. Both of the sauces were fairly runny.


Mr Hatch had the Lamb vindaloo, which was also spicy!


We both managed good efforts at cleaning our plates/trays, (I think I did slightly better).... The (large) lunch special which we both had is a good deal at $10, and given my taste for Indian food, I'm sure I'll be back!

Funky Curry on Urbanspoon



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment