Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Akaroa Fish & Chip Shop

59 Beach Rd,
Akaroa
Cantebury
7520

The fish and chip shop in Akaroa seemed pretty popular and claimed to be world renown, so we decided to give it a go while we were in town. It is on the main street along the foreshore straight across from the harbour.


The guy who took our order was fairly grumpy and didn't give us a great first impression. We didn't have to wait too long until our number was called out and then we headed across the road to enjoy the view and our meal. The grilled fish came carefully wrapped in a foil parcel with onion and tomato, and was the best takeaway grilled fish the better half had tried.


My fish of the day was perfect, just enough crisp batter covering the moist and succulent fresh fish, and the chips were great too. The only let down were the scallops, which are always added to the order!


It's been a while since we'd had fish and chips this good, so it's fair to say their claims are backed up. I doubt I'll be back in Akaroa anytime soom, but I know where I'll be headed for lunch if I am...

Akaroa Fish and Chips on Urbanspoon



View Foodscrazy restaurant map in a larger map

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review. We are heading to Akaroa tomorrow and I found your blog when I did a search on Fish and Chip shops. Laughed out loud when I found you were from Melbourne (we live in Beaumaris!). We will definitely be having lunch there tomorrow - if we have enough room after eating cheese at Barrys Bay :)

    ReplyDelete