Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vue de monde

Level 55
525 Rialto Towers,
Collins Street,
Melbourne
Victoria 3000

This entry will be a bit different in a few ways, I rarely eat at anywhere as famous or high end as Vue de monde, it was a freebie (not to do with the blog but due to an invite from my day job and I visited for breakfast at 8am, well before the normal opening time.

On arrival I was offered a coffee and a selection of juices, I went for the orange and passion fruit which was fresh and brought back memories of one of my favourite smoothies I regularly indulged in when working for innocent drinks in the UK. The yoghurt was creamy and was well complimented by the muesli and compote. The pineapple from the fruit board was so flavoursome and sweet. I had a small apple pastry which was pleasant but didn't blow me away.


Later I tried the beetroot, apple and ginger juice which plenty of zing and was very refreshing.

I prefer to stay veggie focused at breakfast these days and my first impression of the main plate was positive. It was my first go at asparagus this early in the day and the seasonal white and green spears went down well. The toasted sour dough was the usual challenge to cut with a knife, the mushroom perfectly cooked, the spinach a bit too salty for me the scrambled eggs nice and light.


The decor and ambiance inside were dark and fairly understated, perhaps best appreciated later in the day, the views across Melbourne are stunning however. It was certainly an enjoyable breakfast, and I would like to head back for the full experience, I'm just waiting for another generous host with to extend an invite...




Vue de monde on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment