Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Little Malaysia

26 Liverpool Street,
Melbourne

Little Malaysia is tucked down Liverpool Street, which runs between Bourke and Little Bourke near Spring and China town.



I went with a group on a weekday lunchtime. There was a friendly greeting on arrival and we were shown to three tables which had been moved together, there was just about room for everyone, but it was a tight squeezer. We'd ordered in advance which mostly helped, but there was still a bit of chaos!


I had the curry puffs to start, the cases were light and crisp, the filling was mostly potato with a light curry flavour.


I went for the seafood Laksa, which was slightly smaller than others I've had, (Laksa King for example). There was a prawn, a couple of pieces of fish and some squid amongst the vegies, tofu etc. The broth was fairly mild, lacking a bit of spice and punch.


The satay beef came complete with a flames, I'm not quite sure why - apparently it was good!


The sizzling scallops was mouth burningly hot apparently and tasty once it cooled a little.

I've attached a faxed copy of the menu below, I couldn't find it online...

Little Malaysia on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map


No comments:

Post a Comment