Friday, February 25, 2011

Thai Style

455 Church St
Richmond, Vic

We visited Thai Style with a largish group of friends, some of whom had been along before. It is cosy inside, and we filled up an area of the restaurant. The menu covered many thai favourites.

We shared the a fwe of the mixed entree 'B' platters, with fish cakes, spring rolls, satay skewers, curry puffs. I tried the fish cakes and chicken satay skewers which were both good.

 

There were some more tod mun Pla (fish cakes) in the selection of mains ordered.

 

The Green Curry chicken was apparently good, I tend not to order it as I enjoy making it how I like it!

 

The Phad Gra Prow (Chicken) Stir fried chilli paste with mushrooms beans & sweet basil leaves looked good, and got a good wrap.

 
Posted by Picasa

The Gang Massamun Gai Curry with chicken, peanuts potatoes wasn't bad, but was a little light on peanuts, and had pineapple in it, something I'd never experienced before, either in Thailand, a Thai restaurant or even a recipe! As I'm not a fan of pineapple other than on it's own, I wasn't a huge fan of this innovation.




I also tried the Pad Thai which was full of great flavours, but unfortunately the noodles were just slightly underdone. The service was friendly although slightly disorganised, and unfortunately one of the main courses didn't arrive. The bill came to $25 a head, including the odd beer, the wine drink was BYO'd.

Thai Style on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment