Monday, September 26, 2011

Canteen at the Royal Festival Hall

Belvedere Road
London 
SE1 8XX

Canteen is tucked in at the base of the imposing south face of the Royal Festival Hall.


There is an outside area and inside there were a mix of shared tables and smaller booths as well as more standard tables, the whole place did feel open and quite stylish.


 We both had the half pint of prawns to start, these were a little on the small side, but well cooked and easy to peal.


I had the fish cakes, which I miss in Australia where they aren't very common. These were great, with a crunchy coating of breadcrumbs and a decent amount of fish in the cakes, providing both flavour and texture...


I had to have mushy peas as a side, these were also good.


Rob had the roast Chicken - thigh and leg, with chips which he seemed to enjoy.


The service was good and I enjoyed my Meantime Pale Ale, a good choice.

Canteen on Urbanspoon


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment